Newlands Lodges are owned and run by my brother Ben and I. We grew up enjoying the Northumberland countryside and we had a vision to share the experience with others so we set out designing the lodges with a focus on comfort and luxury while being surrounded by nature.
Where We Are
Our 2 lodges are nestled nicely in South Northumberland secluded enough for a special getaway and perfectly placed to see the beautiful sights of the county. We are approximately 8 miles away from the picturesque villages of Blanchland and Corbridge and a further 4 miles from the ancient market town of Hexham. If that’s not enough we are a 30 minute drive to the vibrant city centre of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, 35 minutes to the Cathederal City of Durham and just 40 minutes to the award winning Northumberland coastline.
What to do
Visit places such as Corbridge, High Force waterfall and Sycamore Gap.
- Play golf at Close house, Hexham Golf Course and others.
- Walk along Hadrian’s Wall and many public footpaths around Northumberland.
- Go fishing on the River Tyne, Derwent reservoir and Knitsley trout fisheries.
- Mountain biking in Kielder Forest, Hamsterly Forest and Chopwell woods.
- Outdoor activities at Derwent reservoir and Slaley including sailing, Quadbiking, Paintball, Clay pigeon and rifle shooting, Segway adventures and Off road driving.
- Eating out – local pubs and restaurants